Wild. Local. Beautiful.
- Save water as they require little to no irrigation.
- Need little to no maintenance, such as fertilization, pruning, or replanting.
- Are adapted to the local soil and environment, making them hardy against our cold winters and dry summers.
- Have natural defenses against insects and diseases.
- Improve native pollinator and wildlife habitat for food, shelter, breeding, and nesting.
- Create a sense of place—from your own landscapes to your favorite wild places.
- Enhance biodiversity by restoring our quickly vanishing regional landscapes.
New Hours: We will be open Monday-Friday 10-6. Saturday and Sunday 10-4!
Our parent company, Forestoration, Inc., offers these core services:
Trails & Urban Parks Design
Restoration & Revegetation
...in addition to these services:
Native Plant Selection
Noxious Weed Removal
If you are interested in any of these services, please visit Forestoration, Inc., or call 406.862.4225.
Our interest in native plants began years ago while working on land restoration projects throughout the Crown of the Continent ecosystem. The more time we spent in the woods, the more we began to appreciate the beauty and broad diversity of native plants, as well as their many benefits.
As native plants are sometimes hard to source, we started growing them for restoration and landscape projects that our parent company, Forestoration, Inc., was undertaking. As it turned out, growing native plants was a fun challenge! Since then, we have expanded our plant species selection and opened a retail center for folks working on their own landscape and restoration projects.
Today, Center for Native Plants is Flathead Valley’s only retail native plant nursery. We grow a diverse collection of plants—over 120 different species of wildflowers, grasses, shrubs, and trees—that are native to Montana and the intermountain northwest region.
Located in Whitefish, MT, our plants are grown outdoors, making them hardy and well-adapted to our climatic extremes. Come by for a visit!
We are proud members of: